Epson’s recently launched DS-410 scanner offers outstanding productivity features at an affordable price. This makes it ideal for small or home-office users looking to buy a feature-packed business scanner, as well as IT departments that want to equip desktop scanner fleets and stay within budget.
The DS-410 provides a range of invaluable productivity features including Paper Protection Technology. This is a set of advanced LED sensors that detect when two pieces of paper have been picked at once, instantly stopping the machine and alerting the user, making sure originals are protected and every page is scanned. This WorkForce scanner has a robust build to handle everything office life can throw at it, and a very compact body to take up minimal desk space.
The DS-410 is bundled with Epson’s new Document Capture Pro 2.0 software, which offers a simple but powerful software solution for scanning, separating and routing documents throughout a business. As well as helping automate business processes, the software provides advanced image enhancement and automatic file-naming. Document Capture Pro 2.0 will be bundled with all new Epson scanners, and is compatible with most existing scanning products.
Kevin Dobson, product manager, Epson UK, says: “Lots of businesses are looking for an affordable scanner they can buy in bulk and put in every office, just as many home-workers want a capable, compact scanner that will cover all the basic scanning duties. The DS-410 does that, quickly and efficiently, and offers a host of extra productivity features to boot. And when it’s twinned with our versatile new Document Capture Pro 2.0 software, it makes for a truly time-saving package.”
- Affordable, versatile business scanner with a range of great productivity features
- Robust design and compact size for even the most compact office spaces
- Automatic feed mode means you can just insert sheets and the scanner will begin
- Windows and Mac compatible
- Document Capture Pro 2.0 software and Epson Scan 2.0 software for seamless operation
- Double-feed Detection ensures that important documents will always get scanned by image or length
- Paper protection technology stops the scanner in the event of a misfeed
- Scanning speed: 26ppm/52ipm
- Can handle paper weights from 50g/m² to 209g/m²
- 50-sheet automatic document feeder
- Manual A3 mode automatically stitches document back together without need for a carrier sheet
- High-speed USB 2.0 interface
- Long paper mode can handle paper sizes up to 215.9mm x 3048mm
- 3,000 scans per day duty cycle
- Launch edition offers five-year warranty as Epson’s guarantee of durability